The shortlist for the inaugural Readings Young Adult Prize has been announced.
The shortlisted titles are:
- Boone Shepard (Gabriel Bergmoser, Bell Frog Books)
- Freedom Swimmer (Wai Chim, A&U)
- The Bone Sparrow (Zana Fraillon, Lothian)
- Becoming Aurora (Elizabeth Kasmer, UQP)
- The Road to Winter (Mark Smith, Text)
- Our Chemical Hearts (Krystal Sutherland, Penguin).
The winner will be announced in late June and will receive $3000.
The shortlist was selected by a judging panel comprising Angela Crocombe and Leanne Hall from Readings Kids; Natalie Platter from Readings Doncaster; and digital marketing manager Lian Hingee. Author Lili Wilkinson will join the judging panel to select the winner.