The (little) lighthouse was erected in 1896, making it the oldest surviving building in Caloundra. In 1970 it was moved to Woorim Park after being replaced by a modern model. But when the rust ensued and the little lighthouse began to crumble, the community and council moved it back home in 1999, where it was restored.
It now stands beside its counterpart, sharing the headland, overlooking Moreton Island and the Glasshouse Mountains.
The book was developed and produced with a Sunshine Coast RADF grant and a further major grant. It has proved popular, having now travelled all over Australia and other parts of the world.
The author and artist have both generously donated all profits from book sales to Friends of the Caloundra Lighthouses, helping to fund the continuous upkeep of the Caloundra Lighthouses.