Sunshine Coast author Jessica Townsend has taken out Book of the Year at the 2018 Indie Book Awards for her book Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow, the first children’s book to win the overall prize in the ten-year history of the awards.
The winning titles in each category are:
- The Choke (Sofie Laguna, A&U)
- Saga Land (Richard Fidler & Kári Gíslason, ABC Books)
- Wimmera (Mark Brandi, Hachette)
- Native: Art & Design with Australian Plants (Kate Herd & Jela Ivankovic-Waters, Thames & Hudson)
- Wilder Country (Mark Smith, Text)
- Nevermoor: The Trials of Morrigan Crow (Jessica Townsend, Hachette)
The Indie Book Awards are chosen by independent booksellers to reward and promote excellence in Australian writing. Find out more here.