Overland journal has announced the shortlist for the fifth Nakata Brophy Short Fiction and Poetry Prize for Young Indigenous Writers.
The shortlisted writers and their works are:
- Jazz Money, for ‘as we attack’
- Kirli Saunders, for ‘A dance of hands’
- Laniyuk Garcon, for ‘Remember’
- Ralee Lancaster, for ‘haunted house’
- Susie Anderson, for ‘revolve’.
The winner will receive $5000, publication in Overland’s print magazine and a three-month residency at Trinity College. The Nakata Brophy Prize alternates between fiction and poetry, with this year’s prize for the best poem (up to 88 lines) by an Indigenous writer under 30. Find out more here.