Notification of QWC Annual General Meeting 2019
Notice is given that the Annual General Meeting of Queensland Writers Centre Inc. (QWC) will be held on Tuesday 30th April 2019 at 5.30pm for a 6:00pm start at Queensland Writers Centre, Level 2, State Library of Queensland, Cultural Centre, South Brisbane, QLD 4101.
Nominations To Management Committee
You are invited to become more involved in Queensland Writers Centre (QWC). QWC welcomes nominations from members willing to donate their expertise and time to the development of QWC and its support of members. The committee meets once a month at QWC with provision of a telephone link-up for regional committee members.
At each AGM only half the Management Committee will retire. This means that members will typically serve on the Committee for two years, allowing greater consistency of operation from year to year. In 2019 we are calling for nominations for the two Executive positions of Vice Chairperson, Secretary and three Ordinary Members.
Nomination forms must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 6th March 2019. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Post: PO Box 3488, South Brisbane, Qld 4101.
Importance Of Fundraising And Advocacy
The board is the primary link between QWC and its membership community, representing its interests to the broader community and filtering the diversity of stakeholder views back within the organisation. One of the board’s most important roles is to ensure that there are adequate resources for QWC to achieve its program objectives. Depending on the skills and resources of individual board members this could include:
Assisting the CEO or other committee members to identify potential philanthropic grants or corporate sponsors
- Organising a fund-raising event
- Personally approaching key sponsorship targets
- Hosting a fundraiser
- Making a personal contribution
- Laying the groundwork with heads of government, philanthropic foundations and corporations for further support from these sectors
Nomination Process And Requirements
- Complete the nomination form.
- Please attach a short biography and statement (max 150 words) from the Nominee, detailing the skills and abilities they would bring to the Management Committee and their vision for QWC.
- Please attach an outline of one strategy (max 150 words) from the Nominee, outlining their proposed fundraising and advocacy contribution.