QWC is pleased to offer a mentorship opportunity with Queensland author Inga Simpson. The mentorship aims to support lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual, transgender, intersexual and queer writers to develop a piece of work towards publication.
In 2017 this program is offering a three-month mentorship (valued at $1,350)
The mentorship provides approximately 2 hours of support per week (based on fortnightly submissions of up to 5,000 words).
Writers from regional or remote areas are encouraged to apply.
Applications open: Monday 7 August 2017
Applications close: Sunday 3 September 2017
To be eligible for a mentorship a writer must be:
- A current QWC member
- An individual who identifies as LGBTTIQ with a committed writing practice, whether at an emerging or established stage in their creative development or career
- Have an existing writing project at a suitable stage of development to benefit from a mentorship
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- The applicant can demonstrate that they have a committed writing practice
- The applicant can demonstrate that they will be able to commit to the mentorship process and complete development work within the timeframe of the mentorship
- Submission of a 10-page excerpt of the manuscript proposed for development under the mentorship, along with a synopsis (the panel will consider the content and potential of the submission in their assessment).
How to apply
- Please ensure that you have read the application guidelines before completing this form
- Complete the application form below
- Applications must be recieved on or before the end of Sunday 3 September 2017
Applications are assessed by a panel (including mentor Inga Simpson).
At the conclusion of the mentorship the recipient will be required to provide QWC with a short report outling the experience and outcomes of the mentorship.
If you have any questions while preparing your application, please contact QWC on 07 3842 9922 / email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- I have read and understood the Application Guidelines (above) and these Terms and Conditions that form part of this application.
- I have enclosed all the application materials requested by the guidelines
- Completed application form
- Writing CV
- One-page synopsis of your manuscript
- The first ten pages of your manuscript
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident.
- I currently reside in Australia
- I am 18 years of age or older.
- I understand that the selection panel’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- I warrant that the materials enclosed in this application are my own original work and do not impinge on the rights of others.
- I have kept a copy of my application and understand that my application and support materials will not be returned to me.
- I understand that, should I be successful in my application, I will be asked to sign a “Olvar Wood Mentorship Agreement” with Queensland Writers Centre.