This fund provides financial assistance to support writers from diverse backgrounds to participate in QWC’s programs and services. The fund will provide one-off funding of up to $500 per writer to support the cost of course fees, travel, accommodation or other expenses that may otherwise prevent them from participating in creative and professional development with QWC.
In 2017 we are offering up to eight grants through this program.
Eligible writers can apply to the Access Fund at any time.
To be eligible for assistance through the Access Fund a writer must be:
- A current QWC member
- An individual with a committed writing practice, whether at an emerging or an established stage in their creative development or career
- Experiencing disadvantage in their ability to access QWC programs and services (eg. financial / geographic)
Funding will be prioritised to those applicants who can:
- Demonstrate that they have a committed writing practice
- Propose a professional development opportunity through QWC’s existing programs and services that will enhance their creative development
- Demonstrate the barriers that disadvantage them in accessing QWC’s programs and services
- Demonstrate that any costs associated with undertaking the proposed activity not covered by a QWC Access grant can be met through sources other than QWC
Eligible activities include but are not limited to:
- Travel and accommodation costs for writers (and / or their support person if relevant) to participate in QWC programs and services
- Course fees to participate in QWC workshops and events
- Professional fees for QWC services (eg. Writer’s Surgeries)
Please note: retrospective expenses will not be funded.
How to apply
- Please ensure that you have read the application guidelines before applying
- Complete the application form below
Applications will be assessed by QWC on a case by case basis. Applicants will be notified whether their application was successful within six weeks of receipt of application.
At the conclusion of your funded activity you will be required to provide QWC with a short report that outlines your experience and the outcomes of your activity.
Terms and Conditions
- I have read and understood the Application Guidelines (above) and these Terms and Conditions that form part of this application.
- I have enclosed all the application materials requested by the guidelines
- Completed application form
- Writing CV
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent Australian resident.
- I currently reside in Australia
- I am 16 years of age or older. If under 18 I understand that my parent or guardian will need to contact QWC in writing to indicate their consent to this application
- I understand that the selection panel’s decision is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
- I warrant that the materials enclosed in this application are my own original work and do not impinge on the rights of others.
- I have kept a copy of my application and understand that my application and support materials will not be returned to me.
- I understand that, should I be successful in my application, I will be asked to sign a “QWC Access Fund Agreement” with Queensland Writers Centre.